Monday, November 3, 2008

1st Day in Hanoi, Vietnam


Last weekend, I went to Hanoi-Vietnam with my friends and colleagues by Airasia. It was a fun and unforgettable trip for me as I seldom travel. It has been a long long time since I ride on a plane, I still remember when I was little I always went back to my hometown Kedah by plane.

Blue-Blue Sky

The flight was in the morning 6:30 am and I was so excited to see the sky and sunrise from high above, using my brother's Canon EOS 450D I manage to snap some of the amazing sceneries.

Hanoi Greenery from Above

Its cool to see the paddy field from above, it looks like a bunch of rectangular pallets art work.



Hanoi Mansion

Most of the houses in Hanoi are built in a small rectangular foundation and is more than 3-4 storeys high. We rented a guesthouse at Hanoi-Old Quarters and stayed there for 2 nights.

Hoan Kiem Lake

After checking in at our guest house we headed straight to Hoan Kiem Lake which is situated at the centre of Hanoi. We had our lunch along the way to the lake.


William protrating in a big tree...hahaha


Chong,Chiew Ling, Jeremy, Lih Shiong, Fong, Ai Wei and William posing on the bridge


Buddies - Fong and Chong

We didn't got the chance to take much photos at Hoan Kiem Lake because of the bad weather, it started raining after we reach the temple at the centre of the lake. After loitering a while, we went to the water puppet show theatre to get our tickets.

History Museum

I hate it when it rains, it just spoils the mood of taking photos, i have to carry an umbrella and camera at the same time.......it is just miserable. Next stop we decided to go to the History Musuem (I never pay attention in my history classes, all i remember is my country, Malaysia celebrate its independence on 31st August 1957...hahaha). We took a short break in the museum before we head out again to fill our hungry stomach.


Mr. Ly Thai To ???? I wonder who is that, looks more like a chinese to me.


History Museum - Dont ask me why there arent any other photos in the musuem cause its booooooring.........
(No offense for those who dig into history , I am just not one of them.)

Dinner is served

I wonder how many restaurant we pass by before we settle with this restaurant, it was hell finding a good restaurant in the old quarters...maybe its because we don't speak vietnam and its was a pain the the butt to try to communicate with them. Anyways, we enjoy our luxurious dinner with a lot of local dishes like spring rolls (several types), coconut steamed prawns, meat soup, fried duck, deserts and etc...all of these only costs $10USD.



Water Puppet Show

After dinner, we went to watch the water puppet show which earns its reputation as one of the remarkable art performance in Asia. IMO, it was really a special and unique performance, I think they should improve the act by adding in more actions to the puppets. One more thing is they should have translate the whole story, I was sitting there listening to 60 minutes of vietnam language and I have not a single idea what they are talking about.


Amazing fireworks from the puppet dragon

Cute little Vietnamese Girl

The waitress from the restaurant was so cute that I cant help to snap a photo of her, luckily she was very sporting and have a photo with me..ahhh...nice. I learned a very usefull phrase for guys who wants to hang out with viet's gals - "An Dep Lam" it means "You are beautiful". Try it out!!


Well that's end of our 1st day in Hanoi. stay tuned for our 2nd day in Ha Long Bay.

P/S: Jeremy and I were lost when we try to find our hotel at 1am, the street was so dark we can't even recognize the road at old quarters...scary.....

2 comments:

  1. Amazing shot of the Hanoi Monument!
    Didn't you get her email or something aiyo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, can't even communicate with them...all i know is "An Dep Lam"

    ReplyDelete